Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Question about backup-ids

2005-05-06 11:50:37
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Question about backup-ids
From: aloui_laila AT yahoo DOT com (laila aloui)
Date: Fri, 6 May 2005 08:50:37 -0700 (PDT)
--0-1160154318-1115394637=:84816

Hello,

thanks for you all, for all your answers,
what I use is the following I convert files with .f in images directory  to an
ascii format ( cat_convert -b2a ***********.f) and by applaying the command
awk'{ print $10}' i get the files that are contained in a backup id .

laila

Mark.Donaldson AT cexp DOT com wrote:
If you know the backup-id then you can use the bpflist command. It's
undocumented but it's got a good "usage" statement if you run it with a "-?"
option. The option to display the files in a backup id is "-backupid".

Therefore, to find all files on a particular piece of media, if you want,
use bpimmedia to find all the backup id's on a particular piece of media and
then bpflist to find the files in each backupid.

Note, a single backup id can span to another tape and this method doesn't
take that into account. See the "FRAG" lines of bpimmedia to see if the
backup id spans to another tape.

If you need to separate the FRAG stuff out, I think you're going to be
parsing the .f files in ../netbackup/db/images// but
that's a seriously large piece of work.

-M

bpflist: [-l | -L | -U] [-v]
[-M master_server...]
[-d mm/dd/yyyy HH:MM:SS][-e mm/dd/yyyy HH:MM:SS]
[-ut ]
[-st sched_type]
[-policy policy_name][-client client_name]
[-keyword "keyword phrase"][-pattern fullpath]
[-pt policy_type]
[-user name][-group name][-raw mode]
[-backupid name][-force_print]
[-psep path_separator_character]
[-malgo match_algorithm (0 1 2 or 3)]
[-rl recursion_level (0..999)]
[-option
NONE ONE_PASS NO_HSHAKE GET_ALL_FILES
INCLUDE_TIR ONLY_TIR ONLY_DIRS FILESYSTEM_ONLY
ONE_CONNECT INCLUDE_RAW_INCR INCLUDE_BITMAP INCLUDE_FSMAP
INCLUDE_EDI IGNORE_CASE INCLUDE_EFI>]

bpflist: -complete -policy policy_name [-client client_name][-st
sched_type][-bt ]

Valid values for sched_type:
FULL, INCR, CINC, UBAK, UARC, ANY, SCHED, USER, NOT_ARCHIVE

Valid values for policy_type:
Standard Apollo-wbak Oracle NetWare MS-Windows-NT
OS/2 FlashBackup AFS FlashBackup-Windows