Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] LTO2 stuck tape

2005-05-05 04:56:55
Subject: [Veritas-bu] LTO2 stuck tape
From: Eric.Ljungblad AT CopleyPress DOT com (Eric Ljungblad)
Date: Thu, 5 May 2005 01:56:55 -0700

------_=_NextPart_001_01C55150.63355400

=20
Veritas will kick the tape out when needed- dont have your operators =
open the door and break the leader, the tapes sometimes stay  there =
until a drive is needed, all your past breakage is operator error, 4000 =
mounts maybe or bad drives but leaders dont just break, it comes from =
someone trying to open the door on a drive during activity - the leader =
breakes then. Have operators use tapes with robtest or the control =
pannel on the robot but never let them again, open the door on the =
robot, thats  what has been happening - the open door, press unload - =
they pull the handle - immediate break of the leader - - joke take the =
keys to the robot and use volmgr/robtest to unload / move tapes.