Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Proper tape rotation process needed

2005-05-03 11:50:20
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Proper tape rotation process needed
From: Mark.Donaldson AT cexp DOT com (Mark.Donaldson AT cexp DOT com)
Date: Tue, 3 May 2005 09:50:20 -0600
I used to trigger my rotation whenever my in-library scratch count dropped
below a certain waterline.  It took some iterations to get that value right
but once I worked it out, I almost never had a 196 error.

I used volume groups to mark where the tapes were once they were removed,
ie: "Shelf", and used a script to find what tapes were on the shelf and
empty to determine which could be reinserted as scratch tapes.

My old script to ID the removable tapes is in this thread, I can post the
one to determine "injectable" tapes if you wish.

-M