Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Recovery to a different system

2005-04-29 16:24:53
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Recovery to a different system
From: Charles Ballowe <cballowe AT gmail DOT com> (Charles Ballowe)
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2005 15:24:53 -0500
Oracle also is fairly easy. Everything is driven by RMAN. Just make
sure the altnames settings are set up to allow the alternate client to
restore the files and that the username of the user running the
restore is the same as the username of the user that ran the backup.

All file renames etc are handled by clauses in the rman restore
script. Your DBAs should be able to handle writing that for you.

-Charlie