Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] SSO one media server cannot see drive. Advice

2005-04-29 11:14:40
Subject: [Veritas-bu] SSO one media server cannot see drive. Advice
From: Bill_Jorgensen AT csgsystems DOT com (Jorgensen, Bill)
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2005 09:14:40 -0600
Dave:

It depends on the HBA and its corresponding driver. If you are using
plain-Jane JNI.

   PKGINST:  JNIC146x
      NAME:  JNI Fibre Channel SCSI HBA Driver
  CATEGORY:  system,scsi
      ARCH:  sparc
   VERSION:  v5.3.0.1 (03080800)
   BASEDIR:  /opt/JNIC146x
    VENDOR:  JNI Corp.
    PSTAMP:  JNIC,HBA
  INSTDATE:  Apr 28 2005 10:01
     EMAIL:  support AT jni DOT com <mailto:support AT jni DOT com>
    STATUS:  completely installed
     FILES:        9 installed pathnames
                   1 directories
                   6 executables
                6103 blocks used (approx)

./jnic146x_update_drv -h
jnic146x_update_drv [-u|-r] [-i <jnic146x instance #>|-a] [-t <target
id>] [-h]
Where:
-u     Update driver instance(s) with current jnic146x.conf settings.
-r     Request that the driver perform LUN rediscovery.
-i <jnic146x driver instance number> to effect.
-a     All jnic146x driver instances.
-t <target id> to effect.
-h     This help message.

The switches '-u' and '-r' are mutually exclusive. When neither is
specified, '-u' is assumed.

When '-u' is specified:
  The jnic146x_update_drv command is used to inform one or all
  jnic146x driver instances about configuration parameter changes
  made to the jnic146x.conf file.

  The driver instance(s) must be idle with no mounted drives, raw I/O,
  or plumbed IP interface I/O flowing through it for the parameter
  change activation to be successful.

When '-r' is specified:
  The jnic146x_update_drv command is used to request that one or all
  jnic146x driver instances perform LUN rediscovery.

  This is useful when new LUNs are added to an existing RAID that are
  already LLZ mapped to the HBA. Normally the RAID target would need to
  go offline and back online before LUN discovery is repeated, but this
  command eliminates that need.
  The '-t' option selects the target id that is effected;
  when not specified, all targets are effected.
  The driver instance(s) and target(s) need not be idle to
  use this option.
  LUN rediscovery is only available on targets with disk
  devices; it is not supported on targets with tape devices.

This command can only be used by the super-user.

Using the JNI driver this is how you would have the driver re-read its
config and update the device paths.

./jnic146x_update_drv -u -i #
(instance number - depends on how many channels you have to the SAN)
devfsadm -Cv

If you are using Sun-branded HBAs try this.
cfgadm -o show_FCP_dev -al
luxadm -e port
luxadm -e forcelip "copy & paste physical path returned by luxadm -e
port all the way down to devctl, for each path"
(that triggers the fabric to pick up new updates)

You may need to configure/reconfigure the channel:
cfgadm -o show_FCP_dev -al
cfgadm -c configure c#
cfgadm -c configure c#

The luxadm -e forcelip command is what we use to add disk on Solaris
hosts.

If this does not cut it try a link.

www.sun.com/storage/san

HTH,