Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] SSO one media server cannot see drive. Advice

2005-04-27 10:22:46
Subject: [Veritas-bu] SSO one media server cannot see drive. Advice
From: HallC AT SEC DOT GOV (Hall, Christian N.)
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2005 10:22:46 -0400
Dave,

What kind of HBA are you using ?

-----Original Message-----
From: veritas-bu-admin AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
[mailto:veritas-bu-admin AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu] On Behalf Of Dave
Markham
Sent: Wednesday, April 27, 2005 10:08 AM
To: veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu

I have 1 master and 2 media servers ( which are also Oracle database nodes )
attached to an L700 with 5 tape drives.

I have the shared storage option and the master server and 2 media servers
share 3 tape drives. The other 2 drives are only viable to the master
server.

This is all on Solaris 9 and the drives are ultrium LTO2 drives.

I had a cpl of problems with drive 1 the other day going down. There was a
dodgy tape and a label stuck. I had a Storedge tek guy out to look at the
drive and he reset it and it now seems fine.

The only problem is 1 of the media servers now cannot see it when i do a
sgscan tape.

The other media server and master server are fine seeing it. The drives
status is mixed on the gui but lets me change that to up on all nodes.

Running a vmdareq -h <master server> -display on the media server having
problems shows all devices viable by all hosts. I'm therefore confused.

This is all connected via a san switch and fibre. Does anyone know how i can
refresh things on the media server without having to reboot anything?

i have /kernel/drv/sg.conf set up correctly with the WWN for the fibre
channels but i dont have anything special set in st.conf and am not sure if
i need to. Everything has been working fine and still does as backups for
that media server just uses one of the other 2 drives.

Any help would be great

Thanks
Dave