Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Multiple copy attributes---alternate weeks

2005-04-25 10:39:35
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Multiple copy attributes---alternate weeks
From: ddobbs AT mutualmaterials DOT com (Dan Dobbs)
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2005 07:39:35 -0700
Greetings, all.

I just upgraded to 5.1, and I'm really happy with the 'multiple copies'
option---it's a lot easier (and faster) than the bpduplicate scripts I
was running.

Here's my question.

I normally do dupes every other week for some schedules. Is there an
easy way to say 'no multiple copies this week' in a script?

Failing that, I imagine I can try changing the schedule type from
'calendar' to 'frequency', but I never liked 'frequency'---this being a
monster full backup of our Oracle system, it needs to run on a specific
day, at a specific time. I guess I could set up calendar for the proper
days, but as we run the dupes every other week, the recurring days
options won't work---I'd hate to have to click the right days for the
policy out until infinity.

I'm running the master/media server on HP-UX.

Thanks in advance!

-dd