Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Assigning tapes. | NBU51

2005-04-21 07:10:52
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Assigning tapes. | NBU51
From: Dean <dean.deano AT gmail DOT com> (Dean)
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2005 21:10:52 +1000
------=_Part_979_30077000.1114081852468

Indeed. I can't really see why they can't have all the media information=20
centralised on the master server, and do away with the databases on each=20
media server.

On 4/21/05, Marek Gorka <marek.gorka AT sun DOT com> wrote:
>=20
> Dean wrote:
>=20
> > To make this work, you would have to make the media servers themselves
> > clustered resources. But I don't know if this is possible. What if AppA
> > and AppB, and therefore NBUA and NBUB, are on the same node? You'll hav=
> > two instanaces of NetBackup, two volume databases.
>=20
> this won't work. no active/active configurations are supported.
>=20
> huge lack of functionality in nbu, unfortunately.
>=20
> thanks.
> --
> Marek Gorka
> Client Solutions
> Sun Microsystems Poland

------=_Part_979_30077000.1114081852468

Indeed. I can't really see why they can't have all the media
information centralised on the master server, and do away with the
4/21/05, <b class=3D"gmail_sendername">Marek Gorka</b> &lt;<a href=3D"mailt=
o:marek.gorka AT sun DOT com">marek.gorka AT sun DOT com</a>&gt;
wrote:</span><blockquote=
 class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"border-left: 1px solid rgb(204, 204, 204); =
margin: 0pt 0pt 0pt 0.8ex; padding-left: 1ex;">
Dean wrote:<br><br>&gt; To make this work, you would have to make the media=
 servers themselves<br>&gt; clustered resources. But I don't know if this i=
s possible. What if AppA<br>&gt; and AppB, and therefore NBUA and NBUB, are=
 on the same node? You'll have
't work. no active/active configurations are supported.<br><br>huge lack of=
------=_Part_979_30077000.1114081852468--