Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Email reports

2005-04-19 19:43:01
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Email reports
From: KFreels AT askjeeves DOT com (Kevin Freels)
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2005 16:43:01 -0700
Mark (and others),

Actually, I received more than a couple responses that suggested using
"bpdbjobs -all_columns" and then parsing from that. I have written the
first cut of a perl program that takes the output of that command and
presents it in an abridged and formatted manner. Still a couple more
things to do to refine it, but I think I'm on my way to what I need.

The problem with using the bpimage method is that some of the different
policies use tapes from the same pool. I don't have specific "offsite"
pools for tapes; the offsite tapes come from the same pools as the
onsite tapes, but they're rotated out for 90 days. So I needed a way to
search through the details of each full backup (as opposed to
incremental) to determine which tapes had been used and then report that
to me. I have been doing it manually with reading the "details" from the
Activity Monitor, but we've added quite a few systems and policies, and
it was quickly increasing the time required to derive which tapes to
pull.

However, I do *really* appreciate the offer for the "breadboard" and all
the other responses from the others on the list (you guys ROCK!). I'll
be happy to share what I have written when I am satisfied with it, too.

....k
-=-=-=-