Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] WS2k3 - can't open file, Unknown error

2005-04-18 07:33:44
Subject: [Veritas-bu] WS2k3 - can't open file, Unknown error
From: tstewart AT nibsc.ac DOT uk (Thomas Stewart)
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2005 12:33:44 +0100
On Thursday 14 April 2005 15:09, Wayne T Smith wrote:
> A generally accepted workaround is to add the pair of files to either
> Windows or NetBackup's list of files to be excluded from backup.
<SNIP>
>    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;839090

Thanks for the info and link, it explained what the qmgr files do.

Someone replied off the list, that I should configure VSP(Volume Snapshot
Provider). As far as I can tell VSP is used to backup open files. The idea
being I don't need to maintain sets of exclude lists, because netbackup can
just backup the open files. This all sounds wonderfull. The the problem is I
thought I had it enabled all ready.

On the client side of things there is no mention of it at all. From the server
bpclient seems to think its switched on.

# bpclient -client windowsbox -L
Client Name: windowsbox
 Current Host:
        Hostname: windowsbox