Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] random Error 41 on same machine

2005-04-14 14:29:03
Subject: [Veritas-bu] random Error 41 on same machine
From: pkeating AT bank-banque-canada DOT ca (Paul Keating)
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2005 14:29:03 -0400
It's a possibility, but 7200 is 120 minutes, or 2 hours!!
Isn't that a little excessive??

Right now I'm set at 600....The avg successfull cumulative backup on
that machine is 15 minutes.

Maybe I'll try bumping it up to 1200 or 2400 and see how it goes from
there. ;o)
I see a few posts on the netbackup newsgroups suggesting 30 minutes.

If the machine is puking, and isn't going to push data, I'd rather have
it time out on a cumulative once or twice a week, than hold onto a drive
for 2 hours, and push the backup window long.

Thanks for your input.

Paul