Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] script to show usage of tape drives on a media s erver

2005-04-14 07:45:07
Subject: [Veritas-bu] script to show usage of tape drives on a media s erver
From: ewilts AT ewilts DOT org (Ed Wilts)
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2005 06:45:07 -0500
On Thu, Apr 14, 2005 at 12:35:38AM -0500, David Rock wrote:
> * Chapman, Scott <Scott.Chapman AT icbc DOT com> [2005-04-13 10:57]:
> > I use Mark's script on my 2 busy netbackup servers every day and it works
> > great!  I have found this VERY useful in the last month or so as I have been
> > reorganizing the scheduling on a couple master servers.  Thanks again Mark!
>
> I guess I could plug Aptare at this point. They have a great graphing of
> tape drive utilization that shows not only drive usage, but the Max and
> averge as well. They also have individual drive throughput stats.
>
> It's also very easy to go back and look at historical information.

I was going to put in my regular plug for StorageConsole too but the
original request was for text only with no graphs.  The information is
certainly in StorageConsole's database, but it's non-trivial to write
the sql to get it back out (of course, Aptare is pretty good with
helping its users write custom sql statements like this).

--
Ed Wilts, Mounds View, MN, USA
mailto:ewilts AT ewilts DOT org