Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] two masters updating single volume database

2005-04-13 05:37:04
Subject: [Veritas-bu] two masters updating single volume database
From: Ian Stahnke <goodbloke AT gmail DOT com> (Ian Stahnke)
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2005 11:37:04 +0200
Hi All,

I'm trying to backup our DMZ thru a firewall, and I came across this link

http://www.backupcentral.com/foms/netbackup-serve/cache/169.html

describing a scenario where you have two masters sharing a robot and
volume database. Sounds good because it removes requirement to allow
client to master connections thru a firewall.

Has anyone had any experiencing doing this?? If so, I'd really like some tips.

I'm currently setting up my second master (new install) and trying to
configure access to the volume db on my first master. I don't seem to
be able to see any volumes/pools which are currently defined on my
first master. I am playing with vm.conf on the second master and set
NOT_DATABASE_HOST option in there, without luck. I'm using NB
Enterprise Server 5.1 for both machines.

Any help gratefully received.

Thanks,

Ian