Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Staging & Duplication

2005-04-11 15:46:22
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Staging & Duplication
From: Mark.Donaldson AT cexp DOT com (Mark.Donaldson AT cexp DOT com)
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2005 13:46:22 -0600
Using Vault or using scripts?

A scripted method would be:

Once staged to disk, you can use the "bpimmedia -mediaid /stage_dir" to list
the images on the disk storage region and write the image IDs to a file or
files.

Then use the bpduplicate command with the -Bidfile option to feed these
files into the duplication command.  bpduplicate can create more than one
copy with differing retention levels & pools at the same time.  Note,
bpduplicate deletes the Bidfile after using it (a bug I think) so keep a
copy elsewhere.

Finally, for successfully duplicated images, expire the on-disk copy using
"bpexpdate".

This is simplified, you should check return codes and, perhaps, verify the
number of copies before exipiring the on-disk copy but the structure is
complete.

I used to do this for years in my old shop.

-M