Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] unable to install client software

2005-04-08 11:34:12
Subject: [Veritas-bu] unable to install client software
From: dave.markham AT fjserv DOT net (Dave Markham)
Date: Fri, 08 Apr 2005 16:34:12 +0100
Solaris has something called inetd in which most sensible admins comment
out in.rshd, this needs to be uncommented and inetd hupped inorder for
the rsh daemon to be launched via inetd.

Has the equivalent been done in irix?

Other than that check hosts.allow for in.rshd : <ip address of backup
server>

And put backup server in /etc/hosts and the name of that reference in
/.rhosts

Dont worry abotu dns

Dave