Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Media ID problem

2005-04-05 06:07:13
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Media ID problem
From: Eric.Ljungblad AT CopleyPress DOT com (Eric Ljungblad)
Date: Tue, 5 Apr 2005 03:07:13 -0700
 Veritas put the tape in Netbackup media pool yeah? It looks like it wiped
the 00002 tape out -  Try a restore from each date each system it may have
added images to the end of 02, 02 may still be alive - check restores from
each system /date but never do that again. Just test restores from the first
backups then the next - contents on media take a while but what you did is
wrong. You need different media for that - but if it saw the media as a new
media 03 then it initialized the tape as the 03 and wiped out all 02 01 data
because it started from the header.