Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Looking for comments about Aptare Storage Console --backup report ing tool

2005-04-05 01:51:47
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Looking for comments about Aptare Storage Console --backup report ing tool
From: David Rock <dave-bu AT graniteweb DOT com> (David Rock)
Date: Tue, 5 Apr 2005 00:51:47 -0500
--4ZLFUWh1odzi/v6L

* Kathy Norman <Kathy.Norman AT hds DOT com> [2005-04-04 12:49]:
> Hi.
>=20
> I am interested  in finding about people's experiences of Aptare Storage
> console, backup reporting software working with Veritas NetBackup.  All
> comments are greatly appreciated.  Thanks!

We have had it for several months now and it has been key in discovering
serious performance bottlenecks in our environment. We have six
different Master servers that we consolidate into one concise interface
that has been invaluable in keeping on top of what's going on (imagine
trying to monitor six Java GUI's at the same time). NO OTHER product
even comes close to their real-time monitoring. Most others use SNMP
traps and a bunch of other addons (SNMP is available for NBU through
Professional Services only). Aptare does it all within their product.

We have come across the occasional bug in some reporting, but _every_
issue we have come across has been dealt with quickly and
professionally. I can't say enough about response time. Aptare's ability
to address problems is worth a LOT when it comes to using it in a
production environment.

Just my $0.02

I am more than happy to answer an specific questions you have about it.
:-)

--=20
David Rock
david AT graniteweb DOT com