Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Backing up Cyrus..

2005-04-04 15:47:23
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Backing up Cyrus..
From: jeffm AT nicusa DOT com (Jeff McCombs)
Date: Mon, 04 Apr 2005 15:47:23 -0400
Peeps,

    So I was digging around the cyrus project site and I sumbled upon their
Wiki. There I found a reference to backing up cyrus and I noticed that the
wikki suggests shutting down cyrus during a backup to preserve file system
states.

    How does NBU handle open files that change frequently, like those of
IMAP mailboxes that are constantly being read/written to? We process a
moderate amount of mail that comes in all hours of the day/night.

    Does anyone use NBU to backup a  postfix/cyrus system? Are there any
caveats that I should be aware of? This is under Solaris 9/Sparc NBU 5.0 MP4
without advanced client.

    -Jeff
--
Jeff McCombs                 |                                    NIC, Inc
Systems Administrator        |                       http://www.nicusa.com