Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Patching

2005-03-23 15:48:20
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Patching
From: dbell AT perfectorder DOT com (Doug Bell)
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2005 15:48:20 -0500
--nextPart4061990.NviSjci7oZ

In my experience, you can have an upgraded server without an upgraded clien=
t. =20
No full guarantees with Windows clients, however.  I have run NBU 5.0 with=
=20
4.5 clients on Solaris, Linux, and Windows  (Not by my desire, it ended up=
=20
that way).  The only problems I ran into were with a few Windows clients.

=46rom all I've seen you cannot run an upgraded client without an upgraded=
=20
server.  That seems to be a bad combination.