Veritas-bu

RES: [Veritas-bu] error 239 and virtual hostnames

2005-03-17 13:01:48
Subject: RES: [Veritas-bu] error 239 and virtual hostnames
From: David Magda <dmagda+vertbu AT ee.ryerson DOT ca> (David Magda)
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2005 13:01:48 -0500
On Thu, Mar 17, 2005 at 02:36:33PM -0300, Carlos Alberto Lima dos Santos wrote:
>       You must use in the policy, the CLIENT_NAME configured in the
> bp.conf file (Unix) or register (Windows).

We have several different policies going to both 'virtual' and 'real'
hostnames. All clients have the 'real' hostname set for the
CLIENT_NAME variable in the bp.conf.

This should not be needed in 4.5 according to various reports I got
in this mailing list a little while back.

This was a restriction in version 3.5 that we were using earlier.