Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NB script that show size of data backed up

2005-03-16 19:06:05
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NB script that show size of data backed up
From: Mark.Donaldson AT cexp DOT com (Mark.Donaldson AT cexp DOT com)
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2005 17:06:05 -0700
Here's a quick and dirty script to sum every client over the past 24 hours:

#!/bin/ksh
PATH=$PATH:/usr/openv/netbackup/bin/admincmd
for client in `bpplclients -allunique -noheader | awk '{print $3}'`
do
  bpimagelist -client $client -hoursago 24 -l | \
                   awk 'BEGIN {sum=0}
                   {if ($1=="IMAGE"){sum=sum+$19}}
                   END {printf("%20s %10d KB\n","'$client'",sum)}'
done
exit

Bah! Reporting products?  That's what "awk" is for!  :-)

-M