Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Disk Staging Schedule...

2005-03-15 11:39:58
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Disk Staging Schedule...
From: rob AT worman DOT org (Rob Worman)
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2005 10:39:58 -0600
Mirko-

Yes, you can do this, but only via the command line.

The NBU GUIs won't let you specify a schedule frequency in
minutes or seconds. But the NBU commandline allows the use
of seconds.

If you had a DSSU named "foobar", you could change its relocation
frequency to every 30 minutes (1800 seconds) using the following
bpschedule command:

  /usr/openv/netbackup/bin/admincmd/bpschedule foobar -frequency 1800

The only problem with doing this is...
This change will be quietly undone if the GUI is ever used to modify
that DSSU schedule.  (the 1800 second frequency will become 1 day)

HTH
rob