Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Restoring a tape from another master.

2005-03-10 16:40:41
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Restoring a tape from another master.
From: LuptonD AT starcity.com DOT au (Daniel Lupton)
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2005 08:40:41 +1100
Hi Louis,

We currently run a this type of process monthly to import the tapes from
out production Master to our test Master server. All that is required is to
import the tapes (there are 2 phases to this and is described in the
administration guide) and it works fine.

Regards,
Daniel Lupton
|  Daniel Lupton | Enterprise Systems and Security Administrator | Tabcorp |
|      Technical Services - Star City | Email: LuptonD AT starcity.com DOT au

|                       Ext: 7651 | Phone: 9657 7651                       |
|              80 Pyrmont Street, Pyrmont, NSW 2009, Australia             |
|                            Star City | Tabcorp                           |

             Louis Francoeur
             <louisf AT ca.ibm DOT co

             Sent by:                  <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT
edu>
             veritas-bu-admin@                                          cc
             mailman.eng.aubur
             n.edu                                                 Subject
                                       [Veritas-bu] Restoring a tape from
                                       another master.
             11/03/2005 06:04
             AM

Hi!

Any tried to restore a tape from another master?
I know i will have to read the tape to add it to the catalog but is there
other steps to do?

We want to do some type of DR and want to know how to restore a tape that
was created somewhere else.

Thanks
Louis Francoeur
Unix system administrator

This document should only be read by those persons to whom it is addressed
and is not intended to be relied upon by any other person. Accordingly,
Star City disclaims all responsibility and accepts no liability (including
in negligence) for the consequences for any other person acting, or
refraining from acting, on such information prior to the receipt by those
persons of subsequent written confirmation.

If you have received this document in error, please notify our Helpdesk
immediately by telephone on 61 2 9657 9797. Please also destroy and delete
the document from your computer.

Copyright Star City Pty Ltd. Any form of reproduction, dissemination,
copying, disclosure, modification, distribution and/or publication of this
document and its contents is strictly prohibited.