Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Read an NDMP image with tar?

2005-03-08 09:01:57
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Read an NDMP image with tar?
From: gmackinn AT ford DOT com (MacKinnon, G. R. (Gregory))
Date: Tue, 08 Mar 2005 09:01:57 -0500
Has anyone accomplished this. I'm backing up an EMC Celerra using
NDMP.  My management wants to do DR on the cheap, meaning no
Celerra for the DR site. I've got the policy set to use tar for the NDMP
backup.  Am I chasing my tail by thinking that there's a way to read it
using NBU tar or another GNU tar?

Thanks,

Gregg