Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Fragment Sizes...

2005-03-07 09:31:42
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Fragment Sizes...
From: jlangston AT northeastmedical DOT org (Jim Langston)
Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2005 09:31:42 -0500
Folks,

I just upgraded my master and media servers from Datacenter 4.5MP5 to
Enterprise Server 5.0MP4.  I've been running Veritas since 10/03 in my
environment and I've always had a 2 GB fragment size.  My infrastructure
is a StorageTek L700e library with 8 LTO2 drives.  My master server
controls the robot and has 4 drives assigned and my media server has 4
drives assigned.

I'm getting conflicting recommendations from Veritas support.  Some say
that 2 GB is too small for an LTO2 drive while others say it is fine.
Does anyone else have a similar configuration?  If so, what is your
fragment size?

Thanks,

Jim