Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NetBackup: how to confirm that file was backed up?

2005-03-02 12:25:47
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NetBackup: how to confirm that file was backed up?
From: Aleksandr Rainchik <rainchik AT mail DOT ru> (Aleksandr Rainchik)
Date: Wed, 02 Mar 2005 20:25:47 +0300
We have NetApp filers where we dump some files, they are
gettingbacked up by NetBackup (5.1) via NDMP. My goal is to keep 5
days of those files and remove them after 5 days, but I have to be
sure that those files ended up on tape as part of Full backup.
Incremental backup is not enough.

That would be easy if I can tell bplist to show me files
that were part of Full backup, similar to "-st FULL" switch for
bpimagelist. But bplist doesn't have such option...

How would you attack this problem?

Thank you!