Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Post backup scripts?

2005-03-02 11:01:39
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Post backup scripts?
From: ewilts AT ewilts DOT org (Ed Wilts)
Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2005 10:01:39 -0600
On Wed, Mar 02, 2005 at 08:19:13AM -0600, Ungaro, Matt wrote:
> Hi David,
>       Thanks for sending that, I read it yesterday, but it's not really
> giving me the information I need. I would love to be able to know how much
> data was backed up. That's probably the most important thing. But from what
> the Veritas Docs say, I really don't get that passed to the bpend_notify
> script.

I think it's time to kick in my regular praise for Aptare's
StorageConsole.  This product will take all your backup results and send
it to a portal where you can look at all sorts of data via a web
browser.  Everything from how much data was backed up (files, GB, etc.)
to status results to performance data.  You can graph that data over
time and do all sorts of other interesting things with it.  It's not
free but the reporting capabilities are worth it (to us anyway). My
managers look at the data regularly as do my DBAs. If anybody wants to
know the status of their backups, I simply point them to the portal and
tell them to look at it themselves.  http://www.aptare.com.

Cheers,
        .../Ed

Disclaimer:  I'm just a satisfied customer.

--
Ed Wilts, Mounds View, MN, USA
mailto:ewilts AT ewilts DOT org