Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] IDR Issues

2005-02-24 11:15:02
Subject: [Veritas-bu] IDR Issues
From: ianw AT fjserv DOT net (Whitt)
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2005 16:15:02 +0000
All,

I am in the process of testing the IDR proceedure for some servers in
our infrastructure and am having a very strange problem.

I am trying to recover a client server, I boot off the IDR cd, perform
all the pre-restore tasks (partition disks, install network cards etc)
then start the restore.

The restore starts fine, positions the tape and starts restoring files.
Then I lose all network connectivity and the restore fails. I cannot
ping my gateway or my master server (cannot resolve host name)
As it has restored some files I cannot reboot the server and try again
as it blue screens so I have to start again from scratch.

Enviroment:
Netbackup 4.5 MP6
Windows 2000 Adv Server SP4 (Both Master and Client)
DELL Poweredge 6650
DELL Powervault 132T Library (2 x IBM LTO-2 drives)

Any help much appriciated

Cheers,
Ian