Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] File -> image (backupid) conversion?

2005-02-15 17:39:47
Subject: [Veritas-bu] File -> image (backupid) conversion?
From: Mark.Donaldson AT cexp DOT com (Mark.Donaldson AT cexp DOT com)
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2005 15:39:47 -0700
Nope - bpimmedia is images on media, not files in images.  "-mediaid" is
expecting a tape or disk-storage unit filesystem as the parameter.

Best you can probably do is use bpimage to list all the images for the time
frame, policy, & client you're interested in, then use bpflist and the
"-backupid" option & parse the output of that command to identify which
image contains a particular file.

Your other choice is to parse the ".f" files in the ../netbackup/db/images
directories directly.

I do have to wonder why it's important to find which particular image
contains a file.  Are you looking for which tape contains a file?  If so,
check out the bpimagelist command and the "-media" option.

-M