Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] media write error 84

2005-02-10 02:08:04
Subject: [Veritas-bu] media write error 84
From: Eric.Ljungblad AT CopleyPress DOT com (Eric Ljungblad)
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2005 23:08:04 -0800

Veritas if all is setup OK will freeze bad tapes or down bad dives.
If the the Veritas tape drivers are used and the correct  firmware is loaded
on the drives>

Clean your drives, but check your Event viewer logs, then install the
Veritas Tape drivers from the Install CD, other tape drivers, then reboot,
then check the firmware on the drives, they need to be V107 or better -
Bad Firmware and or drivers will always cause media read and write errors -
most people blame it on veritas but the fact is that if all the
HCL and firmware are correct then when there is a bad tape Veritas will
freeze it and or down the drive or just freeze the tape.