Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NB 4.5 not seeing new library slots

2005-01-27 13:52:17
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NB 4.5 not seeing new library slots
From: David Magda <dmagda+vertbu AT ee.ryerson DOT ca> (David Magda)
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2005 13:52:17 -0500
Hello,

I have an issue with Veritas NetBackup 4.5 under Solaris 8. We have a
Quantum ALT library (six DLT drives) hooked up to our media
server. Recently we installed some new slots / shelves for tapes
(going from 172 to 322 places).

Both the library itself (through the LCD) and robtest(1M) report the
new slots, but running vmupdate(1M) does not new tapes them into the
NB database. The tapes are moved from the input door to a slot, but
vmquery(1M) draws a blank (there's a bar code reader) when asked
about a new tape.

Here's the output of a robtest(1M):

Robot selected: TLD(0)   robotic path = /dev/sg/c0t0l0

Invoking robotic test utility:
/usr/openv/volmgr/bin/tldtest -r /dev/sg/c0t0l0 -d1 /dev/rmt/0cbn -d2
/dev/rmt/1cbn -d3 /dev/rmt/2cbn -d4 /dev/rmt/3cbn -d5 /dev/rmt/4cbn
-d6 /dev/rmt/5cbn

Opening /dev/sg/c0t0l0
Using table-driven robotics
Enter tld commands (? returns help information)
mode
Using table-driven robotics
First transport addr = 1, Number transport elements = 1
First storage addr = 256, Number storage elements = 322
First media access port addr = 64, Number media access port elements
= 12
First drive addr = 128, Number drive elements = 6
MODE_SENSE complete

Any ideas?

Thanks for any info.

--