Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] OS upgrade / MP

2005-01-24 17:26:04
Subject: [Veritas-bu] OS upgrade / MP
From: jeffc AT ftc.agilent DOT com (Jeff Cleverley)
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2005 15:26:04 -0700
Greetings,

I'm getting ready to upgrade from 3.41 (I know, long over due) to 5.1.
We have the obvious stop at 4.5 for the conversion.

My question is once we have everything set up, when we decide to upgrade
the server from hpux 11.00 to hpux 11i, will I have to reinstall all the
patches/packs?

We have /usr/openv/netbackup as a link to a mounted file system.  From
what I could tell, all patching data would be in the mounted file system
after an OS upgrade.  We would just need to import the file system and
make the appropriate changes to /etc/services, etc.  If I'm going to
have to reinstall a bunch of things, I'll have to work on upgrading the
server first.

Thanks,

Jeff