Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Unable to run vmquery from admin server

2005-01-24 02:04:41
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Unable to run vmquery from admin server
From: april.kelley AT hostcentric DOT net (April Kelley)
Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2005 23:04:41 -0800
Good evening,

  We are running Netbackup 5.1 MP1 on our Master/Media server that is running
Solaris 8.  I have two windows administration servers and neither of them can
run vmquery -bx -a.  Both come up with the same error:

"Could not query all volumes: failed receiving from vmd (72)"

I know on the master server you have to be root to run the vmquery command, but
I am logged in as the local admin on both machines when I try this.  Does
anyone know if it is a settings/permission issue?  Thanks

April Kelley
Complex Hosting Support
Hostcentric, an Interland Company