Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Does anyone use file excludes - careful about using "core"

2005-01-19 14:10:12
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Does anyone use file excludes - careful about using "core"
From: pkeating AT bank-banque-canada DOT ca (Paul Keating)
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2005 14:10:12 -0500
I once (in a previous life) had a restore request from a user for /tmp,
which we didn't back up for obvious enough reasons.

Anyhow, this person had been storing files in /tmp for months, untill
one fine day the system was rebooted for maintainance, and all of his
hard work dissappeared.

Sometimes it technical, and sometimes it's user education.

Paul