Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Veritas Snapshot Feature

2005-01-17 12:47:09
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Veritas Snapshot Feature
From: tech2187 AT yahoo DOT com (K Chapman)
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2005 09:47:09 -0800 (PST)
--- Jennifer Hooper <jennifer.hooper AT peregrine DOT com>
wrote:

> Hi guys -
>
>       Is there an easy way to disable the Veritas
> Snapshot for Windows
> feature (not that I want to, but the Windows admins
> want it off of their
> servers)?  From what I have read over the weekend,
> it looks like this is an
> integral piece of the backup process and cannot be
> disabled.  However, the
> 'leftover' files are not getting deleted and they
> are 'crashing' servers.
> Of course, this is because the C: drives only have
> 4G total, and they are
> getting full, and so they want to delete these files
> first.
>
>       The leftover files are the _vxfiVspCacheFile_2.tmp
> files that are on
> each volume... And sometimes they get left behind,
> probably when a backup
> job fails, is interrupted, or cancelled.  This seems
> to happen quite a bit
> in our environment which needs a bit of coaxing
> right now.  Is there an easy
> way to delete these files as well?  Stopping the NBU
> service and trying to
> delete it doesn't work, and it doesn't appear that
> there are any processes
> that have it open.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Jennifer
you can do it in the registry of the client or from
the admin gui.  in the admin gui go to host
properties->clients-> and open up the windows client.
look for the windows client entry and expand that.
highlight the vsp entry and theres a check box to turn
it off.

=====
aaarrrggghhh!!!!
FreeBSD rocks