Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Backup retention Standards?

2005-01-11 12:30:15
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Backup retention Standards?
From: Greg.Hindle AT constellation DOT com (Hindle, Greg)
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2005 12:30:15 -0500

------_=_NextPart_001_01C4F803.36A9EF30

Hello,
I am in the process of re-evaluating our companies backup retention
policies. I wanted to get feedback from others who use Netbackup as to
what they use in their own environments. What I need to know is how
frequently you backup certain files and how long do you keep them before
expiring those backups?  We have mixture of applications and platforms
here so any insight to what your setup is would be great. In particular
SQL, ORACLE, EXCHANGE, Financial Applications, user data, Peoplesoft
applications, Windows servers, Unix servers etc.
Thanks in advance,
Greg

>>> The information contained in this e-mail transmission is privileged and=
/or confidential intended solely for the exclusive use of the individual ad=
dressee. If you are not the intended addressee you are hereby notified that=
 any retention, disclosure or other use is strictly prohibited. If you have=
 received this notification in error, please immediately contact the sender=
 and delete the material.

------_=_NextPart_001_01C4F803.36A9EF30

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<META HTTP-EQUIV=3D"Content-Type" CONTENT=3D"text/html; charset=3Dus-ascii">
<META NAME=3D"Generator" CONTENT=3D"MS Exchange Server version 6.0.6487.1">
<TITLE>Backup retention Standards?</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<!-- Converted from text/rtf format -->

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Hello,</FONT>

<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">I am in the process of re-evaluating our =
companies backup retention policies. I wanted to get feedback from others w=
ho use Netbackup as to what they use in their own environments. What I need=
 to know is how frequently you backup certain files and how long do you kee=
p them before expiring those backups?&nbsp; We have mixture of applications=
 and platforms here so any insight to what your setup is would be great. In=
 particular SQL, ORACLE, EXCHANGE, Financial Applications, user data, Peopl=
esoft applications, Windows servers, Unix servers etc.</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Thanks in advance,</FONT>

<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Greg</FONT>
</P>

<FONT SIZE=3D2><BR>
<BR>
<BR>
>>> The information contained in this e-mail transmission is privileged and=
/or confidential intended solely for the exclusive use of the individual ad=
dressee. If you are not the intended addressee you are hereby notified that=
 any retention, disclosure or other use is strictly prohibited. If you have=
 received this notification in error, please immediately contact the sender=
 and delete the material.<BR>
</FONT>
</BODY>
</HTML>