Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Excluding Files for Successful Jobs

2005-01-07 16:55:08
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Excluding Files for Successful Jobs
From: dungee AT hotmail DOT com (c h)
Date: Sat, 08 Jan 2005 07:55:08 +1000
Are you sure we don't work for the same bunch of clowns.... I've been
banging heads with management over this type of issue for ages, they just
don't understand backups (or restores).

Don't create the exclued list for this purpose, you'll be creating and
administrative nightmare that everyone will eventually blame you for.

Maybe your "management" could purchase some OTM licenses or if you're on a
later version you could look at the VSS settings.

Sometimes stuff just happens, in that case look at what is being skipped, if
it's the same files left open by the same users educate them also.  Maybe
its a SQL agent issue,  you'd better not exlude the DB's :-)

Good luck, it's hard to win an arguement with the boss when all he's
interested in is the green area in the graph.

Chris.