Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] TimeFinder as FIM in PFI?

2005-01-06 12:36:47
Subject: [Veritas-bu] TimeFinder as FIM in PFI?
From: ewilts AT ewilts DOT org (Ed Wilts)
Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2005 11:36:47 -0600
On Thu, Jan 06, 2005 at 04:33:48PM +0000, James Pattinson wrote:
> We have a BCV that gets split for backup and resynched afterwards by
> the ServerFree agent, but it would be nice if the data didn't get
> resynched so we could restore from it.

You can't be part of the BCV unless you're synched so what you need to
do is not do an establish at the end.

What we did here (before we got rid of our Symmetrix) was to manually
re-establish the mirror some period of time before the backup window
started and mount the disk on the right host.  At the completion of the
backup, we would leave it split.  That way it's available for restores
most of the day.  We did not use any special NetBackup tools - just raw
cron jobs that synced the volumes, put the databases into hotbackup
mode, split, and mounted the volumes.

--
Ed Wilts, Mounds View, MN, USA
mailto:ewilts AT ewilts DOT org