Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Configuring priority of selection of images for restores...

2005-01-06 09:43:49
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Configuring priority of selection of images for restores...
From: mlv03 AT healthresearch DOT org (Mike L. Varney)
Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2005 09:43:49 -0500
--=_alternative 0051037185256F81_=

I have a backup image stored on a total of 3 devices in my setup (due to
duplication).  I'd like to have the system select my DSSUs over the tape
systems in order to speed restore times.  Does NetBackup have any
configuration settings for the "I/O Cost" of each device that I can use to
force the media manager to select the faster devices over the slower ones
when all have copies of the same images?

-- Mike Varney / Health Research, Inc.
--=_alternative 0051037185256F81_=

of 3 devices in my setup (due to duplication). &nbsp;I'd like to have the
system select my DSSUs over the tape systems in order to speed restore
times. &nbsp;Does NetBackup have any configuration settings for the &quot;I/O
Cost&quot; of each device that I can use to force the media manager to
select the faster devices over the slower ones when all have copies of
the same images?</font>
--=_alternative 0051037185256F81_=--