Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] File Read Fail

2005-01-05 15:08:48
Subject: [Veritas-bu] File Read Fail
From: BZERMENO AT intersil DOT com (Zermeno, Brandon (Contractor))
Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2005 15:08:48 -0500

------_=_NextPart_001_01C4F362.5DDA79B4

I am trying to do a restore of an Exchange 2003 DB. The media server is
Windows 2003, NBU 4.5 FP7 so is the client. I have done successful
restores in the past but recently when I attempt a restore I am greeted
with the error cannot write data on socket 10054 and the job fails with
error code 5. I have this same msg showing up on both of my setups. I
have an almost identical setup in CA that is producing the same error
msg. Any ideas? I have the latest network drivers and the Network guys
cant see any problems on the switches. The only change within the last
few months would be the windows updates from last months.

------_=_NextPart_001_01C4F362.5DDA79B4

xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40";>

<head>
charset=3Dus-ascii">
<!--
 /* Style Definitions */
        {margin:0in;
        margin-bottom:.0001pt;
        font-size:12.0pt;
        font-family:"Times New Roman";}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
        {color:blue;
        text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
        {color:purple;
        text-decoration:underline;}
span.EmailStyle17
        {mso-style-type:personal-compose;
        font-family:Arial;
        color:windowtext;}
@page Section1
        {size:8.5in 11.0in;
        margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in;}
div.Section1
        {page:Section1;}
-->

</head>

style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;
font-family:Arial'>I am trying to do a restore of an Exchange 2003 DB. =
The
media server is Windows 2003, NBU 4.5 FP7 so is the client. I have done =
successful
restores in the past but recently when I attempt a restore I am greeted =
with
the error <i><span style=3D'font-style:italic'>cannot write data on =
socket 10054</span></i>