Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Sizing of media by number of tape drives

2005-01-04 12:35:18
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Sizing of media by number of tape drives
From: Alex Fong <alex.s.fong AT gmail DOT com> (Alex Fong)
Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2005 09:35:18 -0800
The last time I had a Veritas Consultant came out to help upgrade
NetBackup, she recommend to put no more than 4 drives per HBA in our
environment. If you only have 1 HBA, you can still drive 8 drives but
it might take a performance hit (but it might still be an acceptable
speed depends on your environment and backup window).

Alex