Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Sizing of media by number of tape drives

2005-01-04 12:00:12
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Sizing of media by number of tape drives
From: ida3248b AT post.cybercity DOT dk (ida3248b AT post.cybercity DOT dk)
Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2005 18:00:12 +0100
Hello All

I have tried to find a guide lines for sizing Solaris and AIX media servers
by the number of attached tape drives.

I have gotten a internal work document from Veritas but it dosn't contain the
enterprise tape drives we are using (STK9840 and STK99940).

We have 8 STK9940B drives that I want to get streaming.

We have 2 AIX 5.2 Media servers and 1 Solaris Master/media server that shares
these 8 tapes drives, but I would each media server to be able to stream all
8 drives.

Does somebody on list have a set of guide lines ?

or suggestions/ideas ?

Regards
Michael

--