Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] duplication vs multiple copies

2004-12-29 20:46:32
Subject: [Veritas-bu] duplication vs multiple copies
From: Dean <dean.deano AT gmail DOT com> (Dean)
Date: Thu, 30 Dec 2004 12:46:32 +1100
Using inline copy should be more efficient than taking the backup then
running bpduplicate later.

Using inline copy, to take a one hour backup, you will use two tape
drives for one hour = 2 "tape drive hours".

Using bpduplicate, you would take the original backup (one "tape drive
hour"), then run the bpduplicate which would use two tape drives for
another hour, making a total of = 3 "tape drive hours".