Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] identifing tapes used for duplication

2004-12-29 10:49:16
Subject: [Veritas-bu] identifing tapes used for duplication
From: dave.markham AT fjserv DOT net (Dave Markham)
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2004 15:49:16 +0000
I have just done a new install for a customer and now use media managers
and other things i have not used before.

I have a standard script which identifies tapes written per a variable
schedule so many hours ago.
This is fine for working out which are weekly full tapes etc, but i have
now had to implement a tape duplicating system.

I have got bpduplicate working and am going to launch it from
sessions_notify or from cron and wait for jobs to finish. The problem is
i then need to automatically identify the tapes bpduplicate wrote TO so
ops can remove them in the morning.

Any ideas?

Dave