Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] data buffers tuning etc on netbackup 5 and LTO drives

2004-12-21 11:41:25
Subject: [Veritas-bu] data buffers tuning etc on netbackup 5 and LTO drives
From: pkeating AT bank-banque-canada DOT ca (Paul Keating)
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2004 11:41:25 -0500

Absolutely.

> Im running on Solaris 9 with LTO2 tape drives. I just doing a test
> backup and although i dont rely on it the job tasks is saying its
> getting 3800kbps which to me is very slow for LTO2.

I'm running Solaris 8, with LTO2 drives, and NB5MP3

If you're getting 10 jobs multiplexed to one tape, and getting 3800KB/s,
*PER JOB* then you're about at the native write speed of the drive.
(35 or so MB/s)

I've occasionally gotten upto 60-70 MB/s to one drive, depending on the
compressability of the data.....but average is lower than
that....usually around 45000-50000 KB/s (~40-50MB/s)

Paul