Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] restore

2004-12-17 10:51:24
Subject: [Veritas-bu] restore
From: kdeems AT parker DOT com (kdeems AT parker DOT com)
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2004 10:51:24 -0500

I have a DR restore question.

We have several media servers, I just added a Windows media server in our
DMZ to backup 20 clients which reside in the DMZ.  Media server DMZ backs
up the successfully.

Here is the snag.  When I try to duplicate data with the master server
storage unit or media server DMZ storage unit the large duplicates(100GB or
larger) always fail.   I opened a ticket with Veritas, so far no answers.
For a quick solution I use another media server, media serverX to create
the duplicates, media serverX does NOT reside in the DMZ.  I choose media
serverX because it has the best thruput of all the media servers.  The
large DMZ backups which failed to duplicate now duplicate ok when I use
media serverX storage unit/profile.

My question.  When I go to Disaster Recovery I will recover my master
server, then my media server DMZ.  Does it matter which server initiates
the restores of the clients in the DMZ?  Can I use both the master and
media server DMZ?
Media serverX is not going to be restored at disaster recovery.  Is this a
problem? Any special requirements?

Thanks

"PLEASE NOTE: The preceding information may be confidential or privileged. It
only should be used or disseminated for the purpose of conducting business with
Parker. If you are not an intended recipient, please notify the sender by
replying to this message and then delete the information from your system.
Thank you for your cooperation."