Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Mystery problem using Java Admin client on Windows

2004-12-15 12:04:50
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Mystery problem using Java Admin client on Windows
From: geoff_hazel AT yahoo DOT com (Geoff Hazel)
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2004 09:04:50 -0800 (PST)
I have 4 people at my shop that use the Java client on Windows to
connect to Netbackup.  3 of them work fine, but the 4th gets a dialog
box "Unable to login, status - 505 Can not connect to the NB-Java
authentication service on the configured port - 13722"

I've checked his hosts file, it's OK.
I try to connect with the IP address, it still gets the same error.  He
has XP2, and we first entered that port number and a couple others I
found in the exception list, no help, and then disabled his firewall,
no help.
I reinstalled the sofware, no help.

I can duplicate the problem on my box if I put in an incorrect IP
address.

He can ping the server.  The server can ping him.

I'm pulling my hair out.  This is my BOSS and it would be great if I
could get it working, y'know?  Especially when the other 3 of us have
no problems.  I don't think there's anything on the server, is there?
We're all connecting as "root".

Any ideas what to try or look at next?

NBU 3.4