Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Backing up Netapp's

2004-12-09 18:42:03
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Backing up Netapp's
From: ddunham AT taos DOT com (Darren Dunham)
Date: Thu, 9 Dec 2004 15:42:03 -0800 (PST)
> As mentioned in some other replies there are options for doing this.
>
> 1) NFS backup         (blows chunks)
> 2) CIFS backups               (blows chunks)

> I'm sure you can tell that I am not a proponent of options 1 and 2.  And
> they aren't even options if you do multi-protocol access.  So just
> forget those unless you're really into pain.

I've used them in the past.  I don't prefer them (mainly for overhead of
remembering that the netapp isn't the client, the mounting server is),
but I don't know why it's not an option for multi-protocol.

All the NFS metadata is stored (and recovered) as a CIFS hidden
attribute, so that should be usable for some folks.