Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Backing up Netapss

2004-12-09 16:30:03
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Backing up Netapss
From: Dturner AT manh DOT com (David Turner)
Date: Thu, 9 Dec 2004 16:30:03 -0500
Here are some suggestions:

Configure the Netapp to use snapshots on the filer and use snapshots for
restores (faster and easier than pulling from tape).

Helpful commands to run on the Netapp filer:

Sysconfig -a

Sysconfig -t

Storage show tape

Use these commands to verify that the filer can see the tape drives.

Tip: Make sure the voltage on the tape drives match the voltage of the
Netapp Scsi card. I believe, The Netapp ships with LVD Scsi Cards make sure
you purchase LVD Tape Drives.