Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Downed Drives

2004-12-03 12:40:32
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Downed Drives
From: jennifer.hooper AT peregrine DOT com (Jennifer Hooper)
Date: Fri, 3 Dec 2004 09:40:32 -0800
Hi Guys -

        We're still running Netbackup 5.0, and we are having the dreaded
DOWN-TLD problem when a job runs and can't connect to a server or fails.  We
have to live with it for just a little while longer, so I'm looking to write
a script that can check the status of the drive, and issue an UP Drive
command to bring them back up every 1/2 hour or so.  Does anyone have any
idea where to start to look for info on how to do this?

Thanks,

Jennifer

Peregrine Systems, Inc.
Sr. Network Engineer
mailto:jennifer.hooper AT peregrine DOT com